Acceleration Through Innovation 2 (ATI2)
Following the success of Acceleration Through Innovation (ATI), ATI² will continue to support businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to drive a culture of innovation and assist businesses who are looking to adopt innovative processes, or who have aspirations to bring a new product or service to the market.
The second phase of funding for ATI² totals £3.4 million and will make a further £500,000 of grants available for businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It will focus on supporting those seeking to drive growth and productivity resulting in sustainable change. ATI was a £3 million ERDF project which launched in 2017 where ATI engaged over 580 businesses, awarded 48 innovation grants with a total value in excess of £1 million and enabled 61 businesses to bring new products, services and processes to the market or their business.
Small and medium-sized businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly are offered a range of support drawing from:
- world renowned innovation expertise accredited by the Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Exchange (IKE) through certified Business Innovation Advisors
- a bespoke innovation audit
- a minimum of 12 hours of specialist support with our Business Innovation Advisors who will offer clarity on the innovation process, guidance and consultancy throughout your innovation journey.
- access to world class research and facilities from our lead partners at the University of Plymouth, via ATI’s Innovation Champion.
- Innovation masterclasses delivered by IKE experts for those wishing to embed a Research Development & Innovation (RD&I) capacity within their business, or encourage a culture of innovation and creativity
- Small grants of up to £1500 for eligible businesses (with no contribution required from the business) that have undergone the 12 hour business innovation journey with us
- Standard grants £2,500 to £25,000 at 50% intervention – meaning the business has to match £ for £ agreed eligible costs* (typical grant size expected to be c.£12,000)
- The opportunity for a student internship providing businesses with someone with new perspectives and fresh ideas who can work on a specific project relevant to the innovation journey or fill a skills gap
- Access to our online digital tools platform: The Innovation Studio
The programme also offers a range of engagement activities which are delivered at ATI’s existing locations, within a business premises or from one of our strategically placed pop-up centres across Cornwall. Our bi-monthly Cornwall Innovation Clubs offer businesses an insight into a variety of innovation topics and inspire a culture of innovation across the county. We also deliver a range of Innovation Surgeries, which are 2-3 hour high-value sessions designed around the latest thinking and the identified needs of our clients. The topics covered emerge through our conversations with businesses across the county, and so far have included: Intellectual Property, Research & Development Tax Credits, Managing an Innovation Project and 3D Printing & Prototyping.